Community, Work and Independence
TITLE: Bus Driver
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Benefited Part-Time
Schedule: Minimum 20 hours per week (typically 30-35hr a week) split shift: 5:30AM-9:30AM; 1:00pmPM-5:00PM Monday-Friday.
Rate of pay: $17.17 – $18.98 per hour
To transport CWI passengers by driving agency vehicles in a manner which is safe, economical, on schedule and in compliance with all New York State Vehicle and Traffic Laws.
The Bus Driver will:
1. Actively cooperate with the President/CEO and other staff members in a joint endeavor in satisfactorily achieving the goals of the CWI.
2. Carry out the policies and procedures as specified in the Transportation Procedure Book.
3. Be responsible for the proper mechanical functioning of vehicles by reporting vehicle conditions to the Transportation Director.
4. Provide necessary supervision of passengers to ensure their safe transport.
5. Be responsible for communicating and working with professional staff to promote therapeutic carry-over from the program participant’s day program.
6. Maintain the cleanliness of vehicles.
7. All non-bus driving functions accountable to the Transportation Director, including but not limited to: truck driving, inventory control, in-house functions.
8. Take part in any in-service training as offered by the agency and attend staff meetings as requested.
9. Act in any other capacity as requested by the President.
Must possess a high school diploma/GED. Must possess a Class C (CDL) with passenger endorsement (P) or a Class B with the passenger endorsement. Applicant must have three year record of accident and violation free driving. Demonstrated competency in First Aid/CPR and safety procedures highly desirable.
To apply for this job please visit cwinc.org.