FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Mark Donahue, President/CEO
(518) 793-4700 ext. 12112
Community, Work & Independence Inc. (CWI) Announces the return of “Dancing with the Adirondack Stars!”
Dancing with the Adirondack Stars is returning to Glens Falls on Saturday, April 6, 2019.
Tickets on sale Friday, March 8th!!!!!
GLENS FALLS, NY (March 7, 2019): CWI is proud to announce “Dancing with the Adirondack Stars” is returning for its second year! The event will be held on Saturday, April 6th, 2019 at the Charles R. Wood Theater in Glens Falls. Doors open at 5:30pm. It will feature a cocktail and appetizer reception, raffle items, a silent auction, live competitive partner dancing and a dessert reception to meet the stars. Tickets are $50 for a regular ticket and $100 for a Mirror Ball Supporter ticket. To purchase tickets please stop by the box office, call (518) 480-4878, or visit www.woodtheater.org. The Wood Theater is open 9 am -5 pm Tuesday through Saturday.
Community, Work & Independence Inc. empowers people with disabilities to discover their full potential. “This entertaining event will be an exciting night featuring local talent in the community while raising awareness of who CWI is and the impact we have on lives everyday”, says Mark Donahue, President/CEO of CWI. Our fundraising event, “Dancing with the Adirondack Stars” will be similar to the popular hit television show and will pair local Professional Dancers with Celebrities from our community. Professional partners will choreograph each dance and couples will perform before a panel of judges. Partners will have the opportunity to compete for the coveted Mirror Ball Trophy or the Fan Favorite Award voted on by the audience.
Our couple pairings include:
- Kevin Porpora, Residential Mortgage Originator, Glens Falls National Bank and Lisa Camp, Wellness Director at the Glens Falls Family YMCA;
- Tricia Rogers, Membership Manager, Adirondack Regional Chamber of Commerce and Grey Masko, from Fred Astaire Dance Studio in Saratoga Springs;
- Paul Bricoccoli, Jr. , Co-owner Bullpen Tavern & Talk of the Town and Deanna Krug, from Arthur Murray Dance Studio in Saratoga Springs;
- Anne Fuller, Director of Development for WAIT HOUSE (retired) paired with Timothy Sherman, Theatre & Dance Program Director at CM Fine Arts School in Clifton Park and;
- James Griffith, General Manager Aviation Mall & Pyramid Management Group and Elizabeth Hayner Masko, of Fred Astaire Dance Studio of Saratoga Springs.
In addition, our event will feature individuals from CWI performing between dance acts to delight you with their creative spirit!
Celebrity Judges for the evening include:
Leesa Stiller, District Office Manager for the New York State Assembly
Kurt Jaeger, Executive Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, Jaeger and Flynn Associates
Gordon Woodworth, News Editor, THE CHRONICLE
People are the heart of what we do. Through the provision of quality and innovative supports, CWI has offered a myriad of services since 1963 to meet the needs of the medically frail, developmentally disabled, brain injured, learning disabled, economically disadvantaged and individuals with other challenges. The employees of CWI create meaningful opportunities for the individuals receiving our services to sustain and build their lives. Every dollar donated will help us to continue to fulfill our mission of enriching lives one story at a time.