Community, Work & Independence Inc. (CWI) promoted April Boucher to VP/Chief Operating Officer
Glens Falls, NY – June 13, 2022 – Community, Work & Independence Inc. (CWI) would like to announce the promotion of April Boucher to the position of VP/Chief Operating Officer. In this new capacity, Mrs. Boucher will be responsible for overseeing the organization’s day-to-day operations of the programs, services, and their related support activities. She will also be responsible for enhancing the internal organization processes and infrastructure that will allow CWI to continue to grow and fulfill its mission.
Since first joining Community, Work & Independence Inc. (CWI) in 2002, Mrs. Boucher has served in several roles of increasing responsibility and authority. Most recently, she was the Director of Quality Assurance. In that role she assisted management in leading CWI’s Quality Management efforts in a planned, systematic, and ongoing process to assess the quality and appropriateness of services, continuously improving service delivery and ensuring corporate compliance.
Mrs. Boucher has achieved many significant accomplishments; she is a 2018 Leadership Adirondack Alumni and was a Post Star 20 under 40 recipient in 2016. She is currently the Secretary of the ARCC Ambassador Committee and serves on the Board of Directors for WAIT House. She is also active on the Special Olympics Games Organizing Committee. Mrs. Boucher represents CWI and Disabilities Services on various OPWDD committees. Most recently, she has been instrumental in navigating the frequently changing COVID-19 regulations and requirements at CWI.
According to Deb Rowell, Acting CEO “Community, Work & Independence Inc. (CWI) is very pleased to share April Boucher’s promotion where she will apply her years of experience with our organization in her new role. Mrs. Boucher will be an asset allowing us to provide those we serve with quality services while enabling us to achieve our goals for growth as a company. As you may know, Community, Work & Independence Inc. (CWI) has a long-standing practice of promoting from within whenever appropriate, both our staff and service recipients will benefit from the knowledge and skills she has acquired while ensuring we continually provide quality services.” Mrs. Boucher resides in Hudson Falls with her husband Tom and sons, Casey and Ethan.
Established in 1963, Community, Work & Independence Inc. (CWI), a not-for-profit community rehabilitation provider specializes in offering innovative supports and services to meet the needs of the medically frail, intellectually/developmentally disabled, mentally economically disadvantaged, brain-injured, learning disabled, and other individuals in four counties. CWI supports individuals to be productive and meaningful members of their local community by building a foundation that allows them to springboard toward a higher level of independence while discovering their potential and pursuing the lives they envision. To learn more about us, or support our accomplishments visit us online at www.cwinc.org.
CWI ANNOUNCES SEMI-ANNUAL BROOKS BBQ FUNDRAISER DRIVE THRU STYLE
GLENS FALLS, NY (April 13, 2022): Community, Work & Independence, Inc. (CWI) will hold their Semi-Annual Brooks BBQ Fundraiser Drive Thru Style on Friday, May 13, 2022 at the agency’s 16 Pearl Street, Glens Falls, NY office from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm. Pre-orders are highly recommended for this popular event as on-site purchases will be limited. Dinners, prepared by Brooks House of BBQ, will cost $15.00 each and include half BBQ chicken, baked potato, coleslaw, dinner roll, butter, salt and pepper, plasticware, napkin and wet-nap. To place an order, call 518-793-4700 extension 11100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Orders will also be taken via www.cwinc.org. Payment options include Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express, VENMO QR Code, cash or check. In addition, all COVID-19 Protocols will be in place for the event.
CWI Announces the Return of “Dancing with the Adirondack Stars!”
GLENS FALLS, NY (January 26, 2022): Community, Work & Independence, Inc. (CWI) is proud to announce that “Dancing with the Adirondack Stars” is returning for its third year! The event will be held on Saturday, March 26th at the Charles R. Wood Theater in downtown Glens Falls. It will feature a cocktail and appetizer reception, raffle items, a silent auction, live competitive partner dancing and a dessert reception to meet the stars. Tickets will be $55 per person and an announcement regarding box office ticket sales will be forthcoming in a few weeks.
Community, Work & Independence Inc. empowers people with disabilities to discover their full potential. “This entertaining event will be an exciting night featuring local talent in the community while raising awareness of who CWI is and the impact we have on lives every day,” says Deb Rowell, CWI Acting President/CEO. Our fundraising event, “Dancing with the Adirondack Stars,” will be similar to the popular hit television show and will pair local Professional Dancers with Celebrities from our community. Professional partners will choreograph each dance and couples will perform before a panel of judges. Partners will have the opportunity to compete for the coveted Mirror Ball Trophy or the Fan Favorite Award voted on by the audience.”
Our five-couple dancer pairings include:
- Craig Seybolt, Vice President Corporate Banking Manager, Glens Falls National Bank & Trust Company, will shake a leg with Elizabeth Masko, FredAstaireDance Studio, Saratoga
- Amy Macy, District Sales Coordinator, AFLAC, will step it up with Grant Chaskin, Fred Astaire Dance Studio, Saratoga Springs.
- Tyler Whitney, Senior Director of Administration and Operations, Southern Adirondack Independent Living (SAIL), will boogie down with Lisa Camp, Health and Wellness Director, Saratoga Regional YMCA – Wilton.
- Stefanie DiLallo Bitter, Principal, Bartlett, Pontiff, Stewart & Rhodes, PC, Glens Falls, will hit the dance floor with reigning Mirror Ball Champion Grey Masko, Fred Astaire Dance Studio, Saratoga Springs.
- Juan Gonzales, Chief Financial Officer, Hunt Companies, Inc. (HCI), will cut a rug with two time Fan Favorite winner Deanna Krug-Della Ratta, Arthur Murray Dance Centers, Saratoga Springs and an employee of CWI.Through the provision of quality and innovative supports, CWI has offered a myriad of services since 1963 to meet the needs of the medically frail, developmentally disabled, brain injured, learning disabled, economically disadvantaged and individuals with other challenges. The employees of CWI create meaningful opportunities for the individuals receiving our services to sustain and build their lives. Every dollar donated will help us to continue to fulfill our mission of enriching lives one story at a time.
Sponsorship/advertising opportunities for the event are available by emailing April Boucher at email@example.com or by calling (518) 793-4700 ext. 12123 or email Krista Klock at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 518-793-4700 ext.12129. The Sponsorship Opportunities application is also available online at www.cwinc.org.